This is going to sound pathetic but tomorrow is actually my grocery day. So today I am running a little old. I have butter, milk, yogurt, eggs, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and orange drink mix. My husband and I gave up sodas so orange drink mix (basically Walmart version of Crystal Light) is our drink of choice. He has actually lost seventy pounds just by cutting out sodas and switching to that . Plus he only eats two meals a day. I have a mile long grocery list for tomorrow, I am starting to wonder if I should have waited about this post till then…just kidding. Have a wonderful day everyone.
(Before I begin this post I want to give a shout out to my dad. HAPPY 59th BIRTHDAY DADDY!)
Here is a list of some of my favorite things:
- Reading (Urban Fantasy/Fantasy/Sci-fi/ Horror).
- My favorite shows are Lucifer, Family Guy, Wynonna Earp, Sleepy Hollow, Grimm, Lethal Weapon, Shameless, Stranger Things, and Penny Dreadful.
- Poetry (writing and reading it) I love Emily Dickinson.
- I love fishing.
- Alice Cooper is my favorite music artist. (Blame my dad)
- I love being out in the country, can’t stand living in a city.
- My favorite wild animal/bird is Owls. I have owls all over my house. My husband rolls his eyes every time he sees a new owl come in the house.
- My favorite authors are Laurel K. Hamilton, Kevin Hearne, Anne Bishop, and Brian Keene.
- Writing (I write urban fantasy only).
- My favorite guilty pleasure is taking my tablet into the bathroom while I soak in the tub and binge watch Netflix.
- My favorite movies are Under the Tuscan Sun, Dirty Dancing, Buying the Cow, and Tomcats. Plus anything with Ryan Reynolds and Jeffery Dean Morgan.
- I love goats and hope to someday have some when we finally get to move to the country.
- My favorite crafts to do are crocheting, scrap-booking, cross-stitching, and wreath making.
- My favorite website is Pinterest. I have lost many hours to it.
- Finally my favorite people to be around in the whole world is my parents, husband and grandmother.
I hope you found similar interest in this with me and enjoyed reading it. Have a good day.
Okay this one is hard for me to answer. I don’t receive a lot of compliments and I tend to avoid mirrors as much as possible. (I’m fat, what do you expect?) However, the one feature about me that I have gotten compliments on is what I assume to be my eyes. My eyes are almond shaped and bright blue with gray specks. However, I have been told when I am mad then I get little specks of green in them. If you would like to see what I am talking about look at the picture on Day 1 post.
I started asking my husband before I began writing this blog what he would say is my best physical feature. Let’s just say I am not writing his answer on here….men.
I have three bad habits. One’s kind of disturbing to some so this is your warning.
- I will start with my disturbing one to get it out of the way. I have been doing this since I was a toddler according to my parents. When I am ever upset or nervous I pick or scratch until I have a sore to pick. I do this without even realizing I am doing it. I can go a long time and never have a picking spell or I can do it repetitively. Depends on the circumstances.
- My second one and it sometimes interfere with the first one is my tendency to over-think things. I am a worry wort. I do have it more under control now more than I used to. Thank God for therapy, writing in my journal and my awesome hubby.
- Finally the third one is my mouth. I have no filter between my brain and my mouth and it is just getting worse with age. This includes my colorful language and my attitude. Some might say that I am a complete and total B***h.
Go ahead and click unfollow now I will understand…lol
My husband would tell you I carry concrete blocks in my handbag, but really I don’t have a lot in there. I have my wallet, tablet, phone, charger, sugar tester (because I’m diabetic), my bullet journal, keys, and nausea medicine (because of my gastroparesis). That’s everything in there.
- Loud chewing, slurping of your drink
- Folding the corners of book pages
- People who want to argue politics
- Slow talkers (even though I married a slow talker)
- Chewing on ink pens
- Tilted pictures
- Damaged notebooks (I will not write in one, I just can’t handle it and yes I have a touch of OCD)
- Tapping fingers or pens or anything that makes repetitive noise
These are some of my pet peeves. I didn’t list them all then you would know how neurotic I really am. Lol.
Right now I am enjoying the nice warm breeze of Kentucky’s bi-polar weather. I’m also looking at my three dogs looking out the screen door at their daddy working out in his building. I hear them crying for him while the wind chimes play their beautiful tune. I’m sitting here at my desk in the corner of my living room taking it easy for a few minutes before I start back to cleaning. Spring cleaning sucks, dust has my sinuses stopped up to the point of not being able to smell anything other than Flonase that I had just squirted up my nose. I can even taste the cleaner in my mouth for having used it so much today. We’ll it’s back to work for me. Hope you are having a wonderful afternoon.
- Roundtable Rival by Lindsay Sterling
- Shatter Me by Lindsay Sterling (featuring Lzzy Hale)
- Americas Sweethearts by Elle King
- Dirty Laundry by Carrie Underwood
- Closer by the Chain smokers
- Into You by Ariana Grande
- The High Road by Three Days Grace
- Amen by Halestorm
- Apocalyptic by Halestorm
- My Church by Maren Morris
This was kind of hard for me because there are so many favorites that I love. However, these were the first ones that came to mind because I usually listen to these on a daily basis.
My biggest fear is death. I was raised Baptist, and I believe in heaven and hell. However,the thought of being dead; the nothingness scares me and that’s when I question my faith. There are so many religions and people believe different things. Who is right? What happens if you believe the wrong thing? Will you be punished in the afterlife for being wrong about your beliefs now? As you can tell I tend to over think things, but that’s just how my mind works.sad thing is I tend to think about that a lot due to the current situation with my mom, who is slowly dying of kidney failure after being a transplant patient for the last twenty-three years. I just hope our beliefs carry through and that one day after she is gone then I will see her again. Sorry to make this post sad, but I am trying to be as honest as I can. Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful Saturday. I’m headed to clean my house.
The following quote is one of my new favorite quotes. I am the type of person that writes quotes in journals and then read them for inspiration. This following quote reminds me of why I love to write and how it makes me feel.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters I am not. I write to explore all the things I am afraid of.” -Jess Whedon